Tuesday 3 June 2014

Day tripping 1


We had a couple of inset days before the half term and we usually visit Chessington world of adventures as it is still fairly quiet....downside is it usually pours with rain, upside they offer a rainy day guarantee and we get to come back later in the year.





Blue skies started off the day....



I love these little birds, they are so colourful and cheer up the greyest of days.





True to form, shortly after lunch The heavens opened and we had a soggy afternoon, but good fun was had by all, waterproofs were pulled on and we made the most of a family day out.

Another spot we tend to go when the weather has kept us in, but, we need to go out for the sake of our sanity.....the waterfall cafe at the local garden centre...here is the waterfall, my camera batteries ran out before I could take any more....there are some seats under cover and some in the sun (when we get some) a small climbing frame, stepping stones and sand pit.  It keeps my 2 amused  for an hour or so, leaving me with a cuppa and one eye on them and one eye on my crochet, before the clouds move in and we take refuge back indoors again xx

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I love those lorikeets! So pretty and colourful!! :)

    Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki,
    Just stumbled upon your blog whilst bloghopping. I'm a fairly new blogger, and new crocheter too.
    Love those birds at Chessington, you've reminded me that we really should go (we have Merlin passes) as we've been but not done the zoo part.
    Would be lovely to see you over at emeraldcottage.blogspot.co.uk
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jill, thanks for stopping by, welcome.....your blog is fab, look forward to following your journey xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for coming to read my blog, I love to see your comments, they really make my day.....I promise I do read them all and respond as much as possible and time allows xxxx